Serotech Laboratories Limited has been providing paternity testing for legal admissibility in court since 1978. We service all across Canada, the United States and around the world. Serotech Laboratories currently uses DNA technology and commercially available test kits, which have been validated for paternity and forensic identification.
Serotech is a registered Canadian Corporation with AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) membership. DNA genetic testing is routinely performed on samples from Canada and abroad.
Serotech staff are members or fellows of:
- The American College of Medical Genetics
- The American Society for Human Genetics
- The American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- The Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science
- The Canadian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Toronto Biotechnology Initiate
Serotech staff hold various combinations of the following degrees.
B.Sc., M.Sc, R.T, M.T, A.R.T, B.A., Ph. D., and Cert. Bus.
Why Choose Serotech Laboratories?
- Serotech Laboratories is a Canadian owned and operated laboratory.
- Serotech has been providing legally admissible paternity testing services since 1978. During that time many laboratories have come and gone but because of our accuracy, professionalism and competitive pricing we have endured.
- Our employees are experienced in the court process and have testified in numerous Superior Court proceedings.
- Unlike some of our Canadian competitors Serotech is not a ‘middle man’ that collects your samples and then ships them away to other companies for testing.
- Unlike some of our competitors we do not ship your samples out of the country for analysis. Your samples will be processed and analyzed in our laboratory facility in Burlington, Ontario.
- We strive to make our pricing as competitive as possible. Be wary of competitors that offer extremely low cost DNA tests – they often don’t include sample collection fees and don’t indicate that your results will not be legally admissible in court.
To schedule an appointment for DNA testing, or discuss your testing needs, please contact us by phone at 1-877-DNA-5556 or by email. Our knowledgeable staff will answer any questions you may have and help you schedule an appointment. Sample collection is available across Canada, the United States, and around the world.